Jefferson County Christian School Fund
The purpose of the Jefferson County Christian School Scholarship Fund is to assist those families who need financial support for tuition while attending JCCS. Over the life of the program, students have been awarded over $150k in scholarships thanks to the generous donors who share in the mission and ministry of JCCS.
Scholarships are available to families who meet certain criteria and have financial need. To be eligible for the JCCS Scholarship Fund, an application must be submitted to and reviewed by the Scholarship Committee for approval. A limited number of scholarships will be awarded based upon need and funds available. An interview may be scheduled if more input is needed for a decision. Each family receiving a scholarship must meet the following criteria:
THE FAMILY MUST:
- Complete the admission process to the point of the financial contract (see admission process on admission page).
- Show a strong testimony and lifestyle for Jesus Christ.
- Maintain an active role in a local church.
- Support the philosophy of the Jefferson County Christian School.
- Exhibit a financial need for the scholarship and be current in their financial obligations to the school (those families with outstanding tuition and/or fees will not be considered).
- Be willing to assist when called upon in fundraisers, “work days” or other activities, which necessitate additional assistance or manpower.
- Work with a financial adviser in developing a budget, if necessary.
THE STUDENT MUST:
- Maintain at least an 80% (C) average.
- Not be a discipline problem.
- Show a growing spiritual testimony (if a high school student, he/she must be a Christian).
- Support the Christian lifestyle and philosophy of Jefferson County Christian School.
- Show a willingness to attend Jefferson County Christian School.
The decisions of the Scholarship Committee will be made each April for the upcoming school year. Only complete applications will be reviewed and discussed. Scholarship awards will never exceed 50% of the tuition per family (after all applicable discounts). Scholarship awards are for Tuition, Instructional & Consumable Fee, and Technology Fees at Jefferson County Christian School.
Receiving a Scholarship award in one year does not guarantee future awards. All Scholarship awards are granted annually and Scholarship Applications must be submitted for each school year.
Ohio Department of Education Scholarships
Families must complete the JCCS admission process and be accepted as students in order to apply for the scholarships through the Ohio Department of Education. The Ohio Department of Education scholarships cover the cost of TUITION ONLY. Families will be responsible to pay for the cost of any additional necessary school fees. Our staff will be able to assist you in completing your scholarship application. These scholarships are on a first-come-first-served basis, so the sooner you apply, the more likely you are to receive a scholarship. If you need help with the scholarship application process, please call the school at 740-275-4326 or email Kathy Martin. Our staff is available to assist you between the hours of 8:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday.
EdChoice and EdChoice Expansion Scholarships
The Educational Choice Scholarship (EdChoice) Program provides students from designated public schools the opportunity to receive a scholarship to attend participating private schools. The program also provides low income students who are entering kindergarten through twelfth grade scholarship opportunities. Foster care families and students with legal guardians also may qualify for EdChoice scholarships. Click here for more information on Ohio EdChoice scholarships.
Jon Peterson Special Need Scholarship
The Jon Peterson Special Needs (JPSN) Scholarship Program provides scholarships to students who are eligible to attend kindergarten through 12th grade and have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) from their school district. For more information on the JPSN Scholarship click here.